Desulphurisation: IMO 2020 and early problems encountered
• Addressing the challenges that occur as new regulations are implemented
• Scrubbers for sulphur – a sustainable option?
• Low sulphur fuel - have availability, compatibility and safety concerns been addressed?
• Improving technology for existing regulations
Decarbonisation: Towards 2050 and the search for alternative fuels
• Green technology and meeting shipping’s decarbonisation challenge
• The development of alternative fuels such as hydrogen, ammonia etc.
• Combining technologies to meet the 2050 net-zero target
• Carbon neutral versus zero carbon future for shipping
NGOs and shipping
Leading environmental organisations and the international shipping industry are working together to achieve one aim - a cleaner environment with a level playing field. NGOs and maritime industry experts will discuss shipping’s green credentials and its role in achieving this ambitious goal. Is carbon offsetting a viable solution, alongside other more conventional methods designed to reduce emissions?