From 4 to 7 September, emerging and well-established companies will once again present the entire value chain of the maritime sector in the exhibition halls of Hamburg Messe und Congress (HMC). As appropriate for the age of the digital revolution and the maritime energy turnaround, this year's SMM will put its main emphasis on digitalisation and the environment. An overview:
Facts & Figures:
SMM takes place for the 28th time
Its honorary patron is Dr Angela Merkel, Chancellor of The Federal Republic of Germany
The fair will reflect the entire value chain of the maritime industry
Around 50,000 visitors from more than 124 countries are expected to attend
2,228 exhibitors from 69 countries will be present
29 national pavilions
24 political, business and international naval delegations (as of August 2018)
More than 93,000 sq m of exhibition space in 13 halls
Hall A5 with focus on Green Propulsion
Five subject matter-specific conferences with 70 international speakers
The Green, Digital, Security, Cruise & Ferry, and Job Routes will direct visitors to relevant exhibitor stands
SMM has an international subsidiary: INMEX SMM India, which will take place from 3 to 5 October 2019 in Mumbai
- 3D printing: Arranged together with the Northern German Maritime Cluster, the special exhibition on 3D printing in the maritime sector represents a global debut. In Hall B6 visitors will be able to talk to experts, and witness live presentations of additive production processes.
- Cruise & Ferry Route: Well-known companies from the Cruise & Ferry segment will not only occupy the entire Hall B5 but also parts of Hall B8. The new Cruise & Ferry Route will help visitors identify additional relevant exhibitors.
- Future-looking topics: The Offshore Dialogue on 6 September will focus on topics such as Arctic technologies and deep-sea mining.
- Cybersecurity: The maritime security conference MS&D will last two days this year (6 & 7 September) with cybersecurity as one of the main topics.
- Job exchange: The Maritime Career Market on Friday (7 September) will for the first time offer interested young talents an information forum with lectures on maritime job profiles, and advice for job applicants.
- New countries: Poland, Estonia and Panama will be represented by national pavilions. Namibia will celebrate its fair debut as an individual exhibitor.
- Ship-owning companies: The renowned TradeWinds Shipowners Forum takes place at SMM for the first time.
Visitors of SMM 2018 can expect the industry's biggest and most international showcase. More than 2,200 exhibitors, including both young and well-established companies, will present their innovations and product solutions on site, including large-sized items. For four days, decision-makers and experts from around the world will be able to speak personally with all stakeholders relevant to the business. Apart from providing a platform for expert discussions and networking, SMM is an ideal environment for negotiating and closing national and international business deals within a short timeframe.
To see a list of all exhibitors, please go to the List of Exhibitors.
For further information please visit www.smm-hamburg.com or follow us on social media:
Note: Journalists may request online accreditation as of immediately by going to www.smm-hamburg.com/pressaccreditation.
The leading international maritime trade fair takes place at the Hamburg Messe und Congress fair complex every two years. With roughly 2,200 exhibitors and 50,000 visitors from all continents, SMM is the world's most important industry event. It covers the entire value chain of the maritime sector, bringing together international decision-makers and experts and providing a platform for presenting innovative technology. The 2018 fair will take place from 4 to 7 September, once again under the honorary patronage of German chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel. The four-day event is preceded by an inaugural international conference, the Maritime Future Summit (MFS), on 3 September 2018, one day before the exhibition opens.